Friday, April 10, 2009

Taming the winds of shit

We had a conversation with the woman in charge of the US adoptions (who had been away a year - probably on maternity leave) and I finally felt like we had some support. Finally, I didn't think we were just a name on a list. I think this has been a fault of our agency. She hadn't even seen our profile. Swell, it's been over a year and the first time she calls us, she has no idea of who we are. Hence, my crazy emails to bloggy friends for support and advice and crying all over the place. I ask for guidance when I have no idea of what I'm doing, I actually take in everything people have to say, regardless of whether I actually follow said guidance. And when I give it, I rarely expect that people pay any attention, after all, it's their life, not mine.

She was very supportive and asked us questions to things we had been discussing already over the past few days. Now she knows how we feel. She knows our tolerance level for this or that. I know my expectations over this long wait has made me a little skittish. It was like I'm not used to getting picked for anything good anymore. Good to be on the same page. Like others, she was surprised that it has taken so long, unique biracial couple that we are. Could it be that we were so shellshocked by the winds of shit, that we weren't truly ready to get good news? Could it be that the universe heard my battle cry and is responding to my queenly demands? Wow, wouldn't that just rock my world?

My BIL arrived yesterday, and tomorrow the MIL and FIL arrive for Easter weekend. It's time for me to cook and pamper and entertain the noisiest bunch of white people you ever heard. AND we might be able to bring Juno home earlier....

5 comments:

Guera! said...

I hope you do get Juno home earlier. I can't help but notice that a Buddhist and an Atheist are "celebrating" Easter. I chuckled and delighted in that. If I had any Jewish friends I'd hint around for an invitation to a seder. I hope you guys have a great time. As for the adoption...I am in the same frustrating boat and have no words of wisdom.

Beautiful Mess said...

I don't have any words that would be helpful, but I do have an email box that's ALWAYS open for you! Have a wonderful Easter!
*HUGS*

MRS. ERIN SMITH said...

The end of this post made me laugh out loud (rare occurence these days!). I hope you have a nice weekend.

E

P.S. And I too hope you get Juno home earlier this year.

Evergreen said...

Good! I'm glad you are finally feeling some support from the agency end, and have made a personal connection with someone who can help make it happen for you. And yay for bringing Juno hom sooner!

Sheri said...

Sounds like a frustrating situation all around. But it also sounds like you are making some progress.

Have a wonderful Easter with your family...hopefully including Juno. :)