Tuesday, March 17, 2009

URL to IRL


Guess who I met yesterday - Annacyclopedia from working on it! It was amazing to actually meet her in the flesh! As usual with meeting url friends, you so badly want to gulf the years you didn't actually know each other. We're gabbing away, finishing each other's thoughts and sentences and you can't get the words out there fast enough. Yet we're already connected, aren't we? It makes me weep when I think of all the incredible women out there who don't live next door to me. We spent a few hours together and I just wanted to say so much and hear so much from her. She is so freaking smart and funny and beautiful - her eyes are like beacons of light. It's a little embarrassing to admit that when I was her age, I was an idiot. Well, not quite, but you know what I mean. I wish I had had her wisdom and insight at that age. It meant a great deal to spend some time with her. Even in that short term, she imparted some incredible words of wisdom to me that are still tumbling around inside of me. She really is a true creative individual, an artist at heart. She wants to create and lead and inspire in her own unique way. And she's doing that already. I also met her dad and I could see where she gets her warmth and good looks from! You're very fortunate to have a dad like that, Anna, treasure him always. I look forward to reading more from you. Keep dancing, girl!

5 comments:

loribeth said...

Oh, cool!! I am green with envy (appropriately for St. Patrick's Day, lol) of both of you!!

Guera! said...

Is it ok to say I am jealous and very happy to hear about your real life connection with her.

annacyclopedia said...

Oh, you sweet woman! I am still absorbing our time together and trying not to dwell on how much I wish I could see you every day! You are just a magnificent person, just like I knew you would be, and it was such a joy to spend some time with you.

And just wait until I post a picture of the flamenco shoes I wound up getting - they're bright green!

luna said...

what a wonderful meeting! I would so love to meet anna IRL, and I'd love to see you again also! how cool you met her dad too.

love the title, btw.

Wordgirl said...

Oh I'm so jealous -- I would love to meet you both. This brought tears to my eyes.

XOXOX

Pam