Sunday, November 30, 2008

Exhausted

Just a short post to say thank you all for your kind words and support. I feel like I have a secret tea and sympathy section just for me. Your words are like soothing salve on raw skin.

My girlfriend came over Friday night and we drank wine and swapped mutual heartbreaking events. The next day I spent the whole day in bed utterly exhausted and spent or hungover - not sure which. I was supposed to go see my mum, but I just called her instead. I just couldn't find the energy. I was also supposed to see some old Buddhist friends, but they cancelled and I mercifully spent the night on the couch. I rallied long enough to go out and get myself to some delicious Alaskan black cod with sweet dark sauce and rice from a local restaurant. Ah, a slice of heaven. Then my friend's sister called to let me know she was finally in hospital.

Got a dog walk with Sampson's old girlfriend and her family, lunch with the folks that cancelled and a big Buddhist meeting and a play to go to tonight. No more rest for the wicked.

5 comments:

loribeth said...

Travel (especially across time zones) is exhausting at the best of times, never mind when there's so much emotion involved. I always try to build in at least a day at home before I head back to work from a trip away. Glad you had a chance to veg out a bit before wading back into reality.

Guera! said...

I bet it was good to see an old pal of Sampson's! Glad to hear your friend is in the hospital getting the care she needs. I am sure you will never truly realize the impact of the time you spent with her. I am sure it will resonate throughout the universe. And it's not like me to talk like that but what you did for her simply can't be measured.

Wordgirl said...

I am such a burrower -- if there's something emotional going on for me I completely dive under the covers -- and wrap the blankets around me -- or veg out with hour after hour of favorite tv shows... sometimes the flow of life with all its normal patterns is soothing though -- take care of yourself my friend...I hope this finds you surrounded with love and sleeping deeply and soundly tonight.

Love,

Pam

Pamela T. said...

Hope you were able to get rest and recharged after such a demanding period. It's clear you made a huge difference.

Wordgirl said...

Hi -- I'm just peeking my head in to say hello and to tell you I gave you a little award on my blog the other day...and also too -- I was just reading that this weekend is the culmination of the Zen Buddhism's Rohatsu --I was wondering if you observe it?


Just checking in, hoping you're taking care of yourself...

xo

Pam