Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Books to read

I would like to highly recommend the book The Untelling by Tayari Jones for the Barren Bitches Brigade's book tour. It's the story of a young woman, Aria, whose father and baby sister are killed in a car accident which robs her familyof their secure middle class comfort. She grows up to find love and security with a boyfriend and believes she is pregnant. Poised on the brink of a new life, she finds herself trapped by a secret of her own making. You are really going to love this book.

PJ at Coming 2 Terms actually helped me win this book and when I received it I put it on the stack of books next to my bed. I finally got around to reading it. Had to read Silent Sorority first of course. Once I started reading it, I just slid right into the pages, if you know what I mean. It was so touching, so evocative and so simply told.

2 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Thanks for that tip! I just reserved it at the library.

Also, I came over to tell you happy birthday this week. Hope you celebrate well1

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Oooh, I'll add it to the voting list for this upcoming time.