Monday, February 4, 2008

You're not alone

Here's the 4th in a series in our local paper regarding Val Cole's journey through IVF. Unfortunately, there was no BFP for her. I'd like to thank her for opening up her life that way. I'm sure there are plenty of women out there who understand exactly how she feels and appreciate her sharing her experiences. She says: "I really thought with all the positive thoughts and energy surrounding me that this would work. I've accepted it, but right now I'm feeling like everything is pointless." Hello - can you relate? They also talk about another woman, who after horrific tragedy, went on to have a healthy child via IVF. Gotta give the readers some inspirational story, right? The article talks about donor eggs as well, which was proposed to us briefly as well. We talked about it but summarily rejected the idea for a variety of reasons, but sometimes I wonder..... Surely it would have been less financially and emotionally difficult as adoption. If I knew then what I know now, who knows? Who knows if it would have worked anyway?



**************************************************************************************



Talked to my girlfriend who had a cancerous tumour removed from her lymph nodes last week. She's tired but feeling much better and hopes to have a positive pathology report next week. My prayers are with her and I hope to see her soon.

No comments: