Saturday, December 1, 2007

He's ba-a-ack!

Can you believe we got into an argument on the drive back from the airport? I had been pretty quiet and he asked me what was new. I told him I had contacted a credit counsellor so that we could get started on a financial plan for the future. For free. Instead of a positive reaction, he was offended that yet again we needed a counsellor for something we were perfectly capable of doing on our own. That I must think we're too stupid or incapable of doing it on our own. My motivation was to have an objective person in there so we wouldn't get sidetracked. Which is what happened anyway. Sigh. Ohmigod, maybe we should just stick to IMing (instant messaging) each other from now on. There was a lot of that from Europe. Some good, some not so good.

Hubby has declared that he's not having a midlife crisis, as his issues are only with us. And if we're going to adopt, we don't have a lot of time. Fine. I'm done trying to psychoanalyze every bit of this and that, trying to put myself in his shoes. You notice women only do that? Or maybe it's just me. We did end up having a tearful and emotional heart to heart in which he assured me he has always loved me, that I didn't have anything to doubt. I was sincerely moved. We exchanged a couple of apologies about certain remarks. I felt better, but still sad. I'm supposed to be the positive one. Maybe it's because I only lost 0.6 lbs this week. Maybe it's PMS.

The next day he ends up asking for some tips from a financial officer friend who confirmed his negative opinion of credit counsellors. So he did end up asking for help, just didn't use my method. We agreed to stick to a budget starting in the new year, as Christmas is obviously not a great time as we'll be spending more than usual. We actually are pretty lucky, we have money to pay all our bills, but since my income fluctuates, it's hard to plan.

For the past two nights, I've been suffering from intense and painful burning in my stomach. At one point, I considered going to emergency. I've tried Zantac, Pepto Bismol, couple of herbal remedies. I'm exhausted, bone tired. My body seems to have shut down. Not now, body, not now, we have so much to do. I have an agency party to go to tonight, alone, as he has other plans with friends. I don't mind though. I just wish I felt better. Just want to get spiffed up, make an appearance, avoid the buffet table and then get back home into my flannels.

3 comments:

Pamela T. said...

I applaud you for continuing to look for ways to address your challenges rather than avoiding them. You are a strong and smart woman -- and don't you forget it!

So much to contend with here... emotional and, now more physical, too? I can't help but wonder if you might not be getting an ulcer from the stress of it all. Do continue to take care of yourself!

Teendoc said...

Credit counselors help, but jack your credit up for 7 years. It should only be a last resort.

Sorry that you are having such GI distress!

Natalie said...

I'm with Pamela, you're doing a great job trying to find ways to address things. Just make sure you take care of yourself too.